Our work environment is more and more digitalized. Many of us use a large number of IT systems in our work every day. Dysfunctional computer system becomes a work environment problem.
Professor Bengt Sandblad from the HTO group has done a report for the work environment authority in Sweden, He is also working on a book and he is also working on a book on the digital work environment. The book will appear around Christmas.
This week Bengt Sandblad is interviewed in Universen and some of the key ideas in the article are:
- The potential benefits of IT systems is often lost due to usability problems.
- The digital development will not to slow down. On the contrary: it will move faster and faster.
- Often IT systems are not adapted to the needs of people, or the organization.
- Information overload is a crucial problem.
- We need to design systems that are made for human cognition.
- We have a tendency to build systems based on what computers are good at. Not what people are good at.
- There is a risk that work is what is left when the computers have done what they aren’t good at doing.
For more information read the full article 🙂
Latest posts by Åsa Cajander (see all)
- PhD course on Gender and ICT in HealthCare - May 13, 2021
- New Publication: Technological and informational frames: explaining age-related variation in the use of patient accessible electronic health records as technology and information - March 10, 2021
- New Publication: Cancer patients information-seeking behaviour related to online electronic healthcare records. - February 9, 2021
Winding Road to Become Professor of Human Computer Interaction
A holistic perspective on designing for people: service design
New Publication: “I do not share it with others. No, it’s for me, it’s my care”: On sharing of patie...
Recommended Course for Master Students, Doctoral Students and Postdoctoral Reserachers