Our work environment is more and more digitalized. Many of us use a large number of IT systems in our work every day. Dysfunctional computer system becomes a work environment problem.
Professor Bengt Sandblad from the HTO group has done a report for the work environment authority in Sweden, He is also working on a book and he is also working on a book on the digital work environment. The book will appear around Christmas.
This week Bengt Sandblad is interviewed in Universen and some of the key ideas in the article are:
- The potential benefits of IT systems is often lost due to usability problems.
- The digital development will not to slow down. On the contrary: it will move faster and faster.
- Often IT systems are not adapted to the needs of people, or the organization.
- Information overload is a crucial problem.
- We need to design systems that are made for human cognition.
- We have a tendency to build systems based on what computers are good at. Not what people are good at.
- There is a risk that work is what is left when the computers have done what they aren’t good at doing.
For more information read the full article 🙂
- New NordForsk Project on “Nordic eHealth for Patients: Benchmarking and Developing for the Future” - June 9, 2020
- Patient Contracts is this Years’ Topic of the IT in Society Project Course - June 4, 2020
- User Experiences of an Internet-Based Stepped-Care Intervention for Individuals With Cancer and Concurrent Symptoms of Anxiety or Depression (the U-CARE AdultCan Trial): Qualitative Study - June 2, 2020