Excellent Helena Bernáld kicked off this years’ project collaboration in the IT in Society Class where Åsa Cajander is teaching together with Cary Laxer and Mats Daniels. We have had a collaboration with Helena Bernáld for more than 10 years as she is indeed one of the best lecturers we have seen in this area.
As usual she did an impressive lecture where the students had the opportunity to learn about intercultural awareness. She discussed and talked to the students for around 3 hours, and they were really paying attention. The students enjoyed and appreciated the seminar and found it very useful and relevant to their work in this project as well as for their future careers, something that was also highlighted in the course evaluations that were anonymously handed in. Other comments from the course evaluations were:
- “I found this incredibly fascinating and I really enjoyed learning from Helena.”
- “It will help me understand where they are coming from and better understand their perspective.”
- “Respect each other. Read more about another culture. Be flexible when I will deal with others.”
- “I learned many things such as leadership, punctuality and communication skills”.
- “Very good and eye-opening.”
Professor Cary Laxer, sums up faculty’s impression of the lecture in this way:
Thanks, Helena. It is very heartening to see the students really do appreciate what you have to say and how you got the information across.
We hope that the lecture set the scene for a good collaboration in this years’ course project!
- HTO will be presenting at the Conference for Care Informatics 2020 - March 10, 2020
- Aiming at Moving Targets: Applying Cognitive Work Analysis to Work Domains in Transition: Dissertation Work of Ida (Bodin) Löscher - February 28, 2020
- Congratulations Ida Löscher on the Nailing of your PhD Thesis! - February 11, 2020